Saturday, October 15, 2011

Change is for Good.




Christina Baldwin had said “Change is the only constant in life, the signal for rebirth and the egg of Phoenix”.   Change should be for good , change should be positive and should bring lots of sunshine in your life.  Well, for me this is amazing when I think what I was exactly one year back, a very busy research executive, a wife who does not have any time for her husband or home. Typically, my day would start with an early morning bath, a quick breakfast and a 10 km drive through a huge riot of traffic signals to reach office on time. After spending a hectic day at work would head back home, the same way, cutting through the traffic jams and keep worrying if my cook would turn on time or if my domestic help will show up. When I am at home, I am either waiting for my cook or for my domestic help. That’s how I passed all the 5 days of a week and weekend will be busier with friends and family gatherings, with occasional visitors and guests. The only word that perfectly describes my life one year back is “Pandemonium”. Today when I look back I feel how ungraceful I was and how my life has taken a complete 360 degree turn.

Sometime last year my husband got his transfer to Denver in United State of America. There came a great escape from the busy buzzing city life of Bangalore. Life here is peaceful and serene like a flowing stream. I have got ample time for myself, my baby and for pursuing my hobbies. My husband calls me an ‘Island’. He says I am unsocial and love to remain alone. But after that hectic life of Bangalore who would not love to become an ‘Island’. It’s like going to Himalayas and meditating…… a complete self-realization and attaining salvation.

Today I am a mother of a 4 month old baby girl. My life entirely revolves around her. I left my job 15 days before giving birth and life since then is so happening that I am completely in love with it. I have time to paint ( which has been my hobby since my childhood), cook a complete meal for my husband and family, I love cleaning my house and decorating it to an extent that even my restroom wall is clad with my work of art. I have a cute little house which does not take much to maintain with a pretty modular kitchen which is my new laboratory and I love doing various culinary experiments there.

There is these two extremities in my life- A life of a ‘jet setting high flying executive’ and a housewife who is also a mother. But I loved both the roles, professional success can give you fame, money and satisfaction of material world but the second role gives you immense personal satisfaction which is spiritual. Both these ingredients make a complete recipe of happiness for an individual. Time and again I thank god for giving me a birth of a female; I can play diverse roles. No one’s stopping me from pursuing a great career and being a working mother or a housewife who loves to be at home and spend time with her offspring, beautifying her house and her life. I know I will get back to work soon but this break is an eye opener, made me a more confident human being , Spending my time with my baby and doing what I love to do makes me cheerful and potent.

This change almost at the very beginning of my life and career was definitely for good. However, “Egg of phoenix” will be obviously an exaggeration. But it’s like at the dawn you know how you want to spend the whole day so that at dusk you have no regrets. This change has made me realize how I want to spend my life and what I must do to achieve my goals both personal and professional. Learned in a better way to how I must handle my life so that I don’t have to call it a Pandemonium again.
                                                                                                                                                 Shaswati

17 comments:

Rahul Bhattacharjee said...

maza aaya phadke ... nicely written !

Amiya said...

Good ... keep the posts flowing :)

Dipta Bhattacharjee said...

Hey Jhinuk Di .. that's wonderful...waiting for some more in near future

Siddhartha said...

Wow!!! Awesome ...nicely written !!!..really looking forward for more ..:-) !!

SRChakravarty said...

One most important thing that emanates from the writing of Shaswati is her acceptance of the reality of life and maneuver it as the situation demands without any regrets is what one most appreciate.

Animikha said...

Nicely Put in words Di.. Good goin :)

Sudarshan Chakrabarty said...

Well sometimes the best way of living life is to let life take its own course and not to oppose it... Makes life more interesting than a planned one... By the way wonderful pictures :-) !!!

Pranjal said...

Really nice !! especially 2nd n 4th para !!

Pallavi Gohain Gopalan said...

So rightly felt and put - This transition to "motherhood" is a beautiful experience that takes life to another level altogether - a life that perhaps has never been so satisfying, a life that teaches more of caring and giving - above all a relationship that's so heavenly and divine .

Shaswati Bhattacharjee said...

Thanks everyone for sharing your views... This was indeed very encouraging!!!!

Bishty said...

well di...i must say u write like a professional.....this particular blog is so touching.....must read for all mothers...luved it...keep blogging....share more...

Shaswati Bhattacharjee said...

Thanks Govind,,,,

Pratibha said...

its awesome bhabhi...:):)...waiting for more such beautiful experiences..:):)

piyu said...

Bhabi....as u knw m a fan of u....i luv d way u dress, u tlk etc.. in general d way u carry out urslf nd after reading ds....i hav b'com a fan of ur writings nd d way u luk upon life nd its changing spheres....

Tanaya said...

Well written indeed! Nice choice of words...a serinity about the writing which truely reflects the calm in your heart. I second that being born a woman is a blessing as we are able to adorn so many lives with the diverse roles we play. keep writing...:)

Shaswati Bhattacharjee said...

@Tanaya- Just wait and watch how life unfurls...Enigma is yet to unveil in your life...you are gonna love this... trust me!!!

KRN..... said...

A really good one.... !!! loved reading all the post.... :)